Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Serendipity

Serendipity is my favorite word.   It means "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; a fortunate mistake.  "Fortunate mistake" is my favorite definition.  I think we tend to focus on what we want to happen in our lives and spend so much time trying to make our desires and dreams come true, we often forget to think about the great accidental moments in our lives.  Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with trying to make your dreams come true, but take a step back once in a while and let life happen.  Be present in those fun moments where you think, "oh my goodness, I can't believe that just happened, but I am so happy it has!".
Tonight I left to teach a yoga class and made a cup of Citrus Sage Lavender tea.  It was in my car riding with me to yoga.  I walked into the studio, taught my class and forgot about my tea!  I  was on my way home,  I look down and saw my tea.  I totally forgot I made it, but was so happy that I had tea to enjoy after my evening of yoga and for my drive home.  I know this seems like a silly story, but in that moment I was so happy.  Maybe sometimes we need to forget about what our intentions are, and be present for the actual outcomes of our intentions.  Embrace and enjoy our serendipitous moments in life!  Sometime they can be more exciting than what we were planning in the first place!    
Share with me some of your serendipitous moments or share with me your favorite word!

No comments:

Post a Comment