Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Surgery and Day After

Here I am before my surgery yesterday! I felt ready to go and ready to get it over with. 
I loved my yellow socks they gave me! I was comfortable and in good hands! My surgery went very well.  I was one of the lucky ones and woke up with no pain! I was just a little uncomfortable.  I felt good waking up from the anesthesia.  No nausea!  I sat in the recliner for a bit to recover before I could go home. 
I had three holes in my abdomen area.  The camera scope was thru my belly button and the tools were on each side of my bikini line.  It's amazing to me that this is even possible!  Laparoscopic surgery is much faster and easier to recover from.  These holes are sealed up with a liquid bandaid that hardens.  Both of my tubes were removed during the surgery.  I had a lot of inflamation, scar tissue and blockages.  No wonder my body did not want to house a baby.  Now my I uterus is all cleaned up and ready to go! 
So today is my first day after surgery and I still feel pretty good!  Doc told my family I would probably feel pretty sore waking up this morning, but I don't!  It's a bit uncomfortable trying to sit up and done from the couch, but  manageable.  I have been keeping up on my pain meds and Advil.  Throughout the day today, I think I can work my way off the pain meds and just take Advil!  So far so good! I will give another update soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment